Has your Microsoft OneDrive gallery gone haywire with too many duplicate pictures? Perhaps, you’re not alone.
Many people are experiencing the same issue. The instant upload feature doesn’t contain a way to prevent duplicates. The more photos you upload, more duplicates occur. This all works well until some day you find your photos collection utterly disorganized. Sadly there’s no feature to prevent duplicates in Microsoft OneDrive. You’ve to rely on third party tools to fix the problem at hand. One such tool is the IBM approved software solution Clone Files Checker. It can help you get rid of the duplicates in Onedrive folder. Download it here:
CLONE FILES CHECKER Download w/ Verisign Digital Certificate
Note: Clone Files Checker 5.3 incorporates a key feature that provides users with the flexibility to sign in to their OneDrive account and scan it for duplicate images. This helps save up on the time required to download data onto the computer and re-upload it once all OneDrive duplicate photos have been taken care of.
Here is the procedure outlined for Microsoft Windows. Using your computer/laptop you can undertake cloud cleaning job which involved removal of double photos.
This manner of scanning for OneDrive duplicate images can best be described as the fusion of technology with innovation. All the user has got to do is follow the simple guideline provided in the following lines.
- Install Clone Files Checker and launch the program.
- Click the Cloud Scan (tab), select OneDrive and click Load Drive (Step 1).
- Enter your OneDrive credentials and click Sign-in.
- Click Yes to signal your approval for Clones Files Checker accessing your OneDrive data. (CFC always treats your data with utmost care bearing in mind the trust you have reposed in us. We will never attempt to save even a shard of this data on our servers and our connection with your data is always terminated once your click Sign out).
- Patiently wait for your OneDrive data to be loaded in CFC interface. Once it has been loaded into Clone Files Checker, select all folders which contain any images.
- Select Custom | Images in Step 2 and click Start Search.
- Once the scan is over, the list of duplicates detected will be laid out. Click Select Duplicates to select which type of file you wish to retain for each duplicate group. (newest, oldest, least modified or most modified).
- At the fag end, click Select Action to choose between deleting duplicates (moving them to the Recycle bin in OneDrive) or moving them to a custom folder.
For Microsoft Windows (Manual Method):
1. Visit the Microsoft OneDrive library and then click “Photos” in left panel of the page. https://onedrive.live.com/
2. Select all the photos and then click the Download icon on the toolbar.
3. Extract the contents of recently downloaded Zip File.
4. Delete all files from the Microsoft Live server.
5. After you download all the photos in your album, move them to a single folder. Name that folder as “Downloaded Images”.
6. Now download Clone Files Checker. This tool identifies duplicate photos from selected locations.
8. After the scan is completed, you’ll have two options on your screen. Choose Quick-Fix to specify an action on all duplicates. Choose Review & Fix to go through list of all duplicate images and then delete them manually.
9. An automatic backup will take care of any accidentally deleted files. Now you should get rid of all duplicates, and free to upload them again.